NOTES FOR LATER
- Hire me to Consult during Transition. I will visit every Unit, immediately suggest re-naming the Program the "Minnesota Ex-Offender Program" which will reflect the 180 degree turn DHS/MSOP will have to take right now or Risk the Federal Takeover. No other message from DHS could be made absent Fully Discharging app Patients, than that MSOP is sub-Contracting with me to give this Program the enema it has needed from inception.
Or is waking up as an "Ex-Offender" going to put you in a positive, forward moving midset to engage in a POSITIVE TREATMENT PROGRAM THAT BUILDS YOU UP, ESTABLISHES WHAT YOU NEED TO LIVE A GOOD, CRIME-FREE LIFE, AND THEN IDENTIFY THE TOOLS NEEDED FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON'S JOURNEY BACK TO THEIR FAMILIES AND TO THE GOOD LIVES THAT EVEN MOST VICTIMS WANT???
WOULD MY COMMON SENSE AND TRIAL-BY-FIRE EXPERIENCE IN THE HELLISH FURNACE OF MSOP GO A LONG WAY WORKING WITH ANNE BARRY, JANINE HEBERT AND OTHERS WHO REALLY WOULD LIKE TO REFORM THIS PROGRAM FROM FAILURE TO SUCCESS, AND GIVE DHS/MEOP A PUBLIC IMAGE MAKEOVER.
- FIRE Nancy Johnston. The "clients" do not trust her and never will. Ask them.
- Reverse 180 Degrees the 121 Planned Commitments and publicly state MSOP is Fully Discharging 121 men over the next two years under carefully controlled conditions as we know there are at least 189 men who are Level I and Level II we can get out in one fell swoop
- Scrap Current MSOP Model in its entirety from Component to Module. Replace with Good Lives Model from William & Liam Marshall in Canada. MN DOC's SOTP also Good Model.
- Begin opening Units in St. Peter as Full Discharges for real psychiatric patients and/or DOC Treatment Beds
- Begin opening Units in ML as Full Discharges for real psychiatric patients and/or DOC Treatment Beds