The brightest person any of us will never meet is gone.
Another murder victim, all in the name of Justice!
Please check out the YouTube Link Below:
There is a lot of news coverage about this brilliant, selfless young man who was trying to liberate knowledge, believing that no one owns knowledge.
But there remains a side of this tragedy that the geek community misses. Government overreaching, “bullying” as Lessig calls it, didn’t start on the day Aaron Swartz was arrested. The eulogists, friends, watchers from the Hacktivist side seem to think this was an affliction that happened only to Swartz.
Hardly. Aaron Swartz was just today’s victim of government overreaching and abusive prosecution, largely undistinguishable from the multitudes who came before him. But you don’t know about them, as they weren’t 14-year-old RSS code writers. So you didn’t notice. You didn’t care. They didn’t exist to you, even as they faced 50 year sentences just like Swartz….
Now you know what we know. Will your anger and interest end when Aaron Swartz is buried, and you can go back to writing code and thinking cool ideas? If you want to honor his memory, perhaps you might want to put all those brilliant minds to use changing the system that drove Swartz to take his own life. It’s still here, and it’s still just as bad as it was in Swartz’s case. And it will continue to be, even as you move back to your more pleasant pursuits.
JSTOR just issued a statement:
We are deeply saddened to hear the news about Aaron Swartz. We extend our heartfelt condolences to Aaron’s family, friends, and everyone who loved, knew, and admired him. He was a truly gifted person who made important contributions to the development of the internet and the web from which we all benefit. We have had inquiries about JSTOR’s view of this sad event given the charges against Aaron and the trial scheduled for April. The case is one that we ourselves had regretted being drawn into from the outset, since JSTOR’s mission is to foster widespread access to the world’s body of scholarly knowledge. At the same time, as one of the largest archives of scholarly literature in the world, we must be careful stewards of the information entrusted to us by the owners and creators of that content. To that end, Aaron returned the data he had in his possession and JSTOR settled any civil claims we might have had against him in June 2011. JSTOR is a not-for-profit service and a member of the internet community. We will continue to work to distribute the content under our care as widely as possible while balancing the interests of researchers, students, libraries, and publishers as we pursue our commitment to the long-term preservation of this important scholarly literature. We join those who are mourning this tragic loss.
I understand this tragedy more than most ever will as I have lived with the types of pressures and stresses that led to Aaron deciding that killing himself is the only way to end the inhuman pain & suffering that the "Criminal" "Justice" "System" in the United States inflicts upon its vulnerable victims.
There is much talk in our broken and fractured Republic about controlling bullies and bullying, but WHO HAS HAD THE COURAGE (or Folly as most peaceful government protesters wind up having "accidents" at a young age and "suicide" is always an effective control tool when you are the Police and you control the Forensics. Problem(s) Solved) TO PUBLICLY STATE THAT THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM ITSELF IS THE MOST VILE PREDATOR THAT WE HAVE IN THESE UNITED STATES AT PRESENT.
IT HAS THE BROADEST AND MOST VARIED "VICTIM POOL", IT GROOMS ITS VICTIMS WITH PROBATION AND OTHER SO-CALLED SLAPS ON THE WRIST JUST TO GET YOU IN IT. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE INNOCENT. THEY CONTROL THE SYSTEM AND YOUR INNOCENCE WILL NEVER GO IN FRONT OF YOUR "PEERS" AT TRIAL. CRIMINALS LIKE FRANCIS J CONNOLY, STUART SHITBIRD SHAPIRO, AGENT BETH ROBERTS, GARY C. CAYO--THEY ARE ALL THE SAME GOVERNMENT CORRUPTBOTS WHO BELIEVE THEY ARE BETTER PEOPLE THAN THE PEOPLE THEY FRAME AND PERSECUTE--ALL IN THE BLASPHEMOUS BATTLE CRY OF "JUSTICE" ONCE THEY HAVE WRONGFULLY CONVICTED YOU WITH THEIR ILLEGAL, IMMORAL, VIOLATIVE BEHAVIOR/CONDUCT YOU CANNOT GET OUT FROM IT. SICK!
THE CORRUPT PEOPLE WHO WRITE THE RULES AND LAWS DESIGN IT SO ONCE YOU ARE WRONGFULLY CONVICTED THERE IS NO OUT. THEY DO NOT WANT TO BE EMBARRASSED. THEIR PERSONAL IDENTITIES ARE COMMINGLED WITH THEIR JOB/CAREER AND THEY WILL GO TO INHUMAN AND ILLEGAL LENGTHS TO PRESERVE THEMSELVES AND THEIR PRECIOUS REPUTATIONS BORN OF AND BRED BY HUMAN SUFFERING. ALL OF THESE CRIMINALS HIDING BEHIND THEIR BADGES AND GUNS, ROBES AND LAW DEGREES WILL ANSWER ON JUDGEMENT DAY!
IN OTHER WORDS, THE CRIMINALS WHO CREATED THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM ARE DEATHLY AFRAID OF BEING EXPOSED AS CRIMINALS. THEY ARE ALSO AFRAID OF BEING SUED AND LOSING THEIR CAREERS. THESE SICK PEOPLE'S IDENTITY, SELF ESTEEM AND SELF WORTH ARE ALL CONTINGENT ON THEM BELIEVING THAT DESPITE THE FACT THEY ARE ROUTINELY COMMITTING CRIMES TO LOCK PEOPLE UP, THEY JUSTIFY IT BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE BETTER PEOPLE THAN THE "CRIMINALS" WHO THEY THEMSELVES CREATE, AND THEN SADISTICALLY PUNISH.
IN REALITY THE TRUTH COULD NOT BE DIFFERENT. THE STATE OF MINNESOTA ILLEGALLY FORCED ME TO EAT, SLEEP AND SHIT FOR A DECADE WITH OUR CRIMINALS, AND LET ME TELL EVERYONE RIGHT HERE THAT THE AVERAGE CRIMINAL I KNEW IN THE MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS HAD A HELL OF A LOT MORE HUMANITY, HEART, BRAINS AND COURAGE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON FROM THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM THAT PUT THEM AWAY.
SORT OF LIKE WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING WITH THE MINNESOTA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SUFFERING (DHS) FOR THE LAST 20 ODD YEARS WITH NO RELIEF COMING FROM EITHER COMMISSIONER LUCINDA JESSON OR MSOP POINT PERSON FROM HUMAN SUFFERING. ANNE BARRY. WHAT A SHAME!
Here is but a few of the millions of Comments being generated by people like myself who are fed up with the criminals running this criminal justice system, and unlike this Commenter I have many ideas about how we reform this sick, perverted, illegal and unconstitutional system(s) and I can't wait to share them with the world once my wrongful conviction is reversed, which is imminent now.
- Jeffrey Stevison - This whole ordeal makes me hurt so bad inside. It is such a trivial crime for such penalties. People do actual physical harm to others and get lighter sentences than this. Our system is screwed up in so many ways.Yesterday 9:38 PM
- Paulus Koshivi - Just silly issue, a student accessing educative material - is this not what any govt wants?Yesterday 9:45 PM
- Jim Feig - Most prosecutors act this way, it really has to change. It is intolerable. Everything about the system has gotten more harsh. And the prosecutors are vindictive down to the local level.Yesterday 9:46 PM
- Rafael Soriano - I recommend everyone give his blog a read. Really insightful guyYesterday 9:48 PM+
- Leslie Johnson - There were gonna give him 30 YEARS?Yesterday 9:56 PM
- Ryan Sinclair - This is so sad. Tragic. My thoughts and prayers go up to God in behalf of this family.Yesterday 9:58 PM
- wayne clark - I really am ignorant about this story but suicide always breaks my heart.Yesterday 10:02 PM
- Jonathan Harchick - "potentially over 30 years"Yesterday 10:47 PM
- kripa singh - It wasn't a suicide. He was murdered by the prosecutors. RIP Aaron.Yesterday 10:54 PM
- Leslie Johnson - remember that if u download a movie of the internet illegally.Yesterday 11:11 PM
- chris coughran - Empathy people empathy.Yesterday 11:17 PM
- Leslie Johnson - yea yea u never did something against the law a crime before. And it's the time that should be in question people have done a lot more and gotten less time.Yesterday 11:20 PM
- Tom Evenstad - Yes! I am outraged over this and I have experienced similar government abuse as an innocent man labeled as a rapist.
- I'm sure Aaron is the smartest person I'll never meet. Will anyone help me and let me know how I can help the cause! Thank youwww.msoptaskforceinfo.blogspot.comYesterday 11:22 PM+0
- Latise Baker - Some of you make me sad for humanity.Yesterday 11:27 PM
- Tom Evenstad - What a sick and evil society we live in when commentators abuse a suicide victim! You people collectively disparaging him do not have have as much brains as Aaron shit out every morning! How dare you abusive cyber cowards. You don't know the meaning of courage. Aaron and I do.
- Yesterday 11:28 PM
- Rob G - People who think killing oneself is weak and coward is so wrong. When its the time to actually do it, it take a lot of gut and courage to do it. Without correct guidance or support, one can put courage into a wrong decision. RIP.Yesterday 11:30 PM
- Tom Evenstad - "Sick" and "of" are typos you stupid fools pissing on Aaron's grave and condoning the real criminals that either drove him there or physically murdered him. You people are ignorant abusive and have no conscience!Yesterday 11:30 PM+
- Latise Baker - Has it ever occurred to some of you that people who commit suicide are depressed and aren't of their "right" mind? You all act like the person just in their right mind decided that death is better than life. Have some respect for things you don't understand because you are (arguably) of your right mind.Yesterday 11:32 PM
- Jesse Sutherland - Don't feed the trolls! This guy sounded like a great dude. Kudos to him for his contributions to the net.Yesterday 11:59 PM
- Brad Mackney - Maximum penalty of 35 years for steeling some documents Vs. a maximum penalty of 10 years for voluntary manslaughter. Go figure.2:23 AM
- Akshay Dave - All people who are saying Aaron a coward..look in the mirror ..you are not being brave by blaming a dead man and not saying anything against people responsible..agreed that there can be other ways than suicide..but so know that every person has threshold to bear things..there are various conditions which a person can forge through that u won't know or can't imagine..other people are also trying to discuss situation in serious yet positive fashion.so stay classy, show some respect or stop making irresponsible comments2:59 AM
- Iain Green - Those of you saying suicide is easy and they are cowards. I guess you have never been effected by suicide . Such a comment shows you have no understanding or comprehension of how the person got to that point. Why they thought they must take thier life. My father was no coward and he was not selfish. He was unwell and needed saving. He wasnt and is now missed dearly. My thoughts are with this mans family and I hope you people who clearly do not understand never have to be in their position.3:07 AM
- Dave Scott - It's the family that really suffers. He made a choice for whatever reason, and those left behind have to come to terms with his choice. Judgement is pointless.3:26 AM
- David Wood - Its funny really, how google +. Has reached all around the world and i can see how de-humanised and opinionated we have become. I wonder if the mayans should have been correct and the world ended?3:37 AM+0
- Damon UK - you are obviously ignorant of the case. RIP Aaron.
- kastelix linux - It's sad to hear such news people here are heartless I didn't know the guy but I please have some compassion3:47 AM
- Gareth Johnson - No it isn't - picking up the phone and getting help from a woman's support group or going to the authorities is the answer. It's painful and difficult but tens of thousands of women have made the break and reclaimed their lives. They certainly didn't need "advice" like yours. As for the rest of the posters here, there is a time you can engage your brain before you decide whether to use or not use the keyboard in front of you.... Aaron Swartz's family and friends may be reading this and they don't need to hear your uneducated and unfeeling comments.
Suicide is frequently linked to extreme depression and depression is an illness, recognised as such by medical authorities the world over. It's not something that you "snap out of" or stop "being selfish" about - it's something that needs treatment and help. I hope, and others, you never have to experience the suicide of someone you love and come to learn just how crassly uninformed your daytime-tv level of understanding is concerning these issues, much less your lack of thoughtfulness in the comments you posted less than 24 hours after this young man's untimely death.4:25 AM
- kastelix linux - God be with his family right now5:02 AM
- Buru Llwyd - Hq about sticking to the real story at hand here instead if arguing over stupid shit. RIP Mr swartz. Thank you for saving the Internet.5:24 AM+0
- Riki Ballantyne - You know what...EVERYONE please read this http://unhandled.com/2013/01/12/the-truth-about-aaron-swartzs-crime/ and then come back and comment about the "CRIME" you all seem to be talking about with such great conviction.
A high percentage of comments here are ill-informed. This was NOT a crime, this was a grab for power brought about by an overzealous prosecutor with political ambitions and backed by a completely out of touch government/legal system.
Aaron was suffering with a disease millions have to deal with daily, his subsequent suicide (his choice) is sad and everyone is entitled to have their own opinions to the validity of taking such measures, however, it is inappropriate to voice those personal opinions on a public forum.5:43 AM
- Ryan Winham - Suicide isn't cowardly. People who spout that rubbish must of heard it once somewhere and thought it sounded nice.
Use your brains for once and put yourselves in the boots of someone else instead of thinking selfishly. Thinking of ending your life takes guts, it's not something we all consider and find easy to think of, your do not have to be suicidal to feel shivers go down your spine.
30 years for not harming a single person is disproportionate to the crime in question. Of course you could say 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time,' but this incredibly ignorant thinking does not get to the route of the problem.
- Dan Nash - Let he who be without sin cast the first stone you Liars7:58 AM+0
- Tom Evenstad - RIP Aaron, and may your death at the Hands of the Industrial Corporacy (whose security is provided by Big Brother)not be in vain! Thank you for everything you did selflessly, for others! That will be your legacy--not a skilled hacker.
- Aaron Swartz is the brightest person I will never meet, at least not in this life.10:39 AM+0
- Dhakshi Maruthamuthu - He was been suffering from depression for a long time, and he was facing years in jail with this.11:22 AM+0
- Mark Nealon - There really is something wrong with the legal systems of the world when the little guy has to somehow contend with the deep pockets of large businesses in order to protect himself from undue litigation. But I don't understand why these sorts copyright suits weren't nipped in the bud when they started. The sorts of penalties that are now commonplace surely fall under "cruel and unusual" due to their ridiculous severity. If Swartz had stolen physical copies he would probably have got a slap on the wrists... I can't think of any sort of solution though.12:14 PM+0
POST IN PROGRESS