Lets begin our review with the "busy graph" at Page 7 Mr. Donnay included in his presentation to the SOCCTF on November 1, 2012:
Let's examine how this shocking and damning piece of evidence indicts William Donnay and others.
- Between 1994 and December 2003 (A 10-Year Period) Donnay's Risk Assessment Unit Forwarded 265 men to County Attorneys for potential sex offender civil commitment;
- Nearly 96% of these DOC Referrals resulted in committment: 258 of the 265 were committed;
- In December 2003, Donnay's Unit Forwarded 236 men to County Attorneys for potential sex offender civil commitment;
- Thirty percent of the Dec. 2004 Referrals (70 men ) were committed in this State-Sponsored Rampage in the wake of the high profile, preventable Dru Sjodin abduction/murder;
- In 2004, 52% of the 170 men referred by Donnay's Unit were committed. 88 men in 2004 were committed under SDP/SPP during the Peak of the Witch Hunt;
- Since 2004, DOC referrals have averaged 135 per month as opposed to 25 per year Pre-Dru;
- Since 2004, commitments have averaged 49 per year as opposed to less than 13 per year from 1991 to 2004.
- In 2011, two men were committed, according to Donnay's graph. From overkill to too few?
Here is how Dr. John Matthew Fabian described the State Response several years ago:
I hope Dr. Fabian or some other researcher with access to data will assess:
1) The recidivism rate of all men referred by Donnay's Unit for civil commitment from Dec. 1, 2003-December 31, 2011 and,
A) Not Petitioned, and
B) Petitioned, but not committed
I bet the recidivism rate is less than 8% across those populations with 8 year follow ups.